Important steps to ensure a successful installation of QuickBooks Updates automatically:
If you receive a security warning when downloading or installing the QuickBooks update and you obtained the update from this site, click Run to continue the installation.
After installing the update, immediately restart that computer before using QuickBooks.
To install QuickBooks manually:
1. Click qbwebpatch.exe above.
2. In the File Download window, click Save.
3. In the Save As window, choose the location to save the update file.
4. If QuickBooks is open, close the application.
5. Locate and double-click the downloaded update file. If you have difficulty finding the file on your computer, see " Find a file on a computer that is running Windows."
Note: There may be a delay or pause of up to 60 seconds at 84% to 86% of the update. Do not cancel the update. Allow it to finish and QuickBooks will be updated correctly.
6. When the installation is complete, restart your computer.
7. Open QuickBooks, and then check the current program release.
* Press F2 to open the Product Information window.
* The first line in this window displays the QuickBooks 2008 version followed by the release number (for example, QuickBooks Pro 2008 Release R8P). If the release number contains R6, then you have successfully installed the latest release.
* Click OK to close the window.
8. If using QuickBooks in a Multi User environment, follow the above steps on the other systems. Once each machine has the update, log into the company file as normal.