Why doesn’t QuickBooks Bill Pay appear as a financial institution option when I set up online banking?
There may be an outdated option listed instead, or QuickBooks Bill Pay may need to be added to the financial institution list.
1. Confirm that QuickBooks Bill Pay is not a listed option:
a. While in the QuickBooks Online Banking Setup Interview, advance to the window titled Select a financial institution on the Enable Accounts tab.
b. In the drop-down list labeled I would like to enter information for my accounts at, scroll through the entire list to ensure QuickBooks Bill Pay is not listed. If it is listed, select it and continue with your setup.
2. If you confirm that QuickBooks Bill Pay is not listed, look for the option Intuit Services Corporation in the drop-down list. If this option is listed, you will not be able to add QuickBooks Bill Pay as a financial institution while this option exists.
3. If neither QuickBooks Bill Pay nor Intuit Services Corporation is listed, select the option My financial institution is not on this list, and then click Next.
4. Click Add Financial Institution. (If you receive a message that QuickBooks must launch a Web browser, click OK to continue.)
5. In the Financial Institutions List window, scroll to find QuickBooks Bill Pay and select the adjacent checkbox.
6. Click Add to QuickBooks. (You may need to scroll up in the page to find this button.)
7. Click the browser exit button (the X in the upper right corner) and continue the online banking setup process.6. Tracking Credit Cards in QuickBooks by Download.
a) You can set up your credit card account in QuickBooks for online banking, which will allow you to download transactions from the credit card company. To do this, go to the Banking menu in QuickBooks, then the Online Banking option, and select "Set up account for online services." (The exact wording of this menu choice may be a little different depending which verison of QuickBooks you're using.)
b) Continue through the online banking setup wizard -- selecting the credit card account in QuickBooks and the credit card company (e.g. American Express). Depending on the credit card company, sometimes you may need to contact them first to activate online banking in QuickBooks or to obtain a new password for downloading transactions -- the setup wizard should tell you if you need to.
c) After you've set up the account, you can download your credit card transactions into QuickBooks by going to the Online Banking Center (icon on the icon bar or via the Online Banking menu under the Banking menu). If you've already manually entered any charges, they will automatically match the downloaded transactions. You'll also be given the opportunity to add any transactions downloaded that were not yet entered in QuickBooks and assign the appropriate accounts. (You can still always manually enter credit card charges as well.)
d) Downloaded transactions are flagged for reconciliation with a lightning bolt in your register. When you go to reconcile your credit card account (if enabled for online banking) using the Reconcile feature in QuickBooks, click on the "Matched" button to show the downloaded transactions that were already flagged for reconciliation.7. Reloading web connect files.
Each transaction within the file contains a unique identifier. With a little manual manipulation you can modify this identifier and reload the file. However, be careful the purpose of this unique identifier to make sure you don't import duplicate entries.
1. Open the web connect file with the notepad application (notepad can be found under start->All Programs->Accessories). Once you launch Notepad you select file menu and open menu item. Select your web connect file.
2. Under the edit menu in Notepad select the replace menu item.
3. In "find what" field enter <FITID>
4. In replace field enter <FITID>1
5. Select "Replace All"
6. Close the replace window by hitting "X" or cancel.
7. Save the file by selecting "Save" under File menu and close Notepad.
8. Import the web connect file into quickbooks (file menu-> Utilities-> import->web connect)