Before you enable your QuickBooks account for online access, determine if your financial institution offers online services:
1. From the QuickBooks Banking menu, choose Online Banking, and select Available Financial Institutions.
(Prior to QuickBooks 2006: Fom the QuickBooks Banking menu, choose Set Up Online , and then choose Online List of Available Financial Institutions)
2. An alphabetized list of participating financial institutions will appear on the left side of the Financial Institutions Directory window. Click a link for a financial institution to see contact information and list of supported services.
3. If your financial institution is not listed, you may want to apply for an account with one of the partner financial institutions listed. You may also apply for online bill payment through the QuickBooks Bill Pay Service, which works with any United States account with check-writing privileges.
Note: Each financial institution (not Intuit, Inc.) decides whether or not it will provide online financial services that are compatible with QuickBooks.
Next, you will need to apply for online account access through your participating financial institution:
1. In the Financial Institutions Directory window (see the steps above), click the link for your financial institution.
2. Click Apply Now on the right side of the window and follow the instructions.
After applying, you will receive a confirmation letter from your financial institution, usually within 10 business days. Once you have received this letter, you are ready to enable your QuickBooks account for online access:
1. From the QuickBooks Banking menu, select Online Banking, then choose Setup Account for Online Access.
(Prior to QuickBooks 2006: From the Banking menu, choose Set Up Online Financial Services, and then choose Setup Accoount for Online Access)
2. In the Online Banking Setup Interview window, click the Enable Accounts tab and follow the instructions